Fair Use Week, February 25 - March 1, 2019
This is the sixth annual celebration of Fair Use Week and NISO members are thoroughly engaged in bolstering awareness of the value contributed by the legal doctrines of Fair Use (U.S.) and Fair Dealing (U.K.). Here are just a few items posted during the week:
- The Association of Research Libraries, a Voting Member of NISO, is releasing an infographic about the importance of fair use in the preservation of software. Another post directs you to some great resources created in previous years.
- Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center, Northwestern University offers some basic guidelines to its medical researchers.
- The American Theological Library Association (ATLA) also provides a set of tips and recommendations.
- Harvard University is posting contributions from such noted figures such as Brandon Butler of the University of Virginia and Kenneth Crews of Gipson Hoffman & Pancione on the topic of fair use.
- Over on Twitter, the University of Tennessee is reminding all to consider use of available resources from Creative Commons.
- Need something from YouTube? Watch the video from MIT and download their foldable kaleidocycle from the MIT site. They'll help you learn about fair use and how to appropriately exercise those rights!