Learn more about this great opportunity!
The British Library is inviting applications from those interested in participating in its International Library Leadership Programme. Twenty openings are available to interested individuals, but the Library's deadline for accepting applications is Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to meet British Library experts and learn from their experiences of dealing with the everyday challenges facing libraries today. From the BL announcement, "Over the course of a week, you'll gain knowledge and fresh insights in the following:
- Discovering how our expert curators use library collections to engage with researchers and broader audiences
- Learning how the British Library designs and manages digitisation projects
- Caring for physical collections – preservation and conservation
- Caring for your digital collections – digital preservation, metadata and cataloguing
- Using new tools and services to engage researchers
- Using your collections in learning programmes and exhibitions to engage a wide range of audiences
You’ll also meet peers from around the world and share and discuss key issues in contemporary collection management through a series of workshops, case study reviews and focus groups."
The program will be held in London, November 11-15, 2019. For additional details, visit the British Library page outlining necessary specifics as to qualifications, costs, and program itinerary.