Managing and Adapting to Pandemic-Driven Change
Six webinars over the next three months
Series Description: We’re living through a pandemic, one which has caused acceleration in shifts that we already seen emerging in the information marketplace. Workforce needs became clear, even as technologies and skill sets were brought to bear on unanticipated requirements. problems. Service and workflows adapted. But as professionals faced those challenges, there was an understanding that long-term changes were inevitable. How do NISO members, as well as those in the broader information community, navigate these changes and make the most of an opportunity to shape a better future? These six 90-minute webinars will be moderated round-table discussions with decision-makers, managers, and influencers in an exchange of strategies, successes and experiences, all of which have made 2020 memorable. Join us in this unique examination of where we are now and where we think we’ll be in the next two years.
Dates and Topics:
Change Management - The Information Community Adapts (Oct 14)
Change Management - Supporting the Workforce (Oct 21)
Change Management - Delivering Services (Oct 28)
Change Management - Team Building (Nov 18)
Change Management - Rethinking Spaces (Dec 9)
Change Management - Moving into the Future (Dec 16)
Engage with these Speakers!
Across the full series, confirmed participants (shown in alphabetical order) include:
- Scott Anderson, Information Systems Librarian and Associate Professor, Millersville University
- Julie Mosbo Ballestro, Associate Dean for Administrative and Faculty Services at Texas A&M University Libraries
- Adam Blackwell, Lead Platform Product Manager, Proquest
- Emily Daly, Head of Assessment & User Experience, Duke University
- Alison Denby, Vice President, Journals, Oxford University Press
- Jennifer Diffin, Head, Library Technical Services Section, National Library of Medicine
- Ann Elsner, Associate University Librarian for Administrative Services, Duke University
- Michael Fitts, Assistant Dean for User Access & Diversity, University of Alabama - Birmingham
- Carrie Forbes, Associate Dean for Student and Scholar Services, University of Denver Libraries
- Chris Freeland, Director of Open Libraries, The Internet Archive
- Steven Hill, Managing Director, IOP Publishing
- Michael Levine-Clark, Dean of University Libraries, University of Denver
- Jack Maness, Associate Dean for Scholarly Communication & Collections Services, University of Denver Libraries
- Amy Pawlowski, Interim Executive Director, OhioLink
- Christopher Rennie, MLIS – Lead Platform Manager, Proquest
- Stephen Rhind-Tutt, President, Coherent Digital
- Hilary Seo, Interim Dean of the Library, Iowa State University
- John Shaw, Chief Technology Officer, Sage Publishing
- Justin Wing, Director of Budget and Strategy, Office of the Vice Provost, University of Delaware
- John Zenelis, Dean of Libraries and University Librarian, George Mason University
Want to Participate in these Webinars?
NISO members do not need to do anything to participate in these webinars. No additional registration fee is needed and sign-on credentials will be sent to those organizations who have designated webinar contacts and those individuals from member organizations who RSVP for a specific session. Non-member organizations will have to register at the standard NISO rate; those rates appear on each individual webinar page as shown above.
As always, registrants will receive links to archived recordings of each virtual discussion, within 24-48 hours of the close of the event.