Delving Into the Book Business
Members & Non-Members Welcome to Attend
The Book Industry Study Group (BISG) will be gathering on Friday, April 22, at the Harvard Club in New York City with Michael Pietsch, CEO of the Hachette Book Group, providing the opening keynote. The program promises to provide both updates on the work of BISG as well as insights into some of the challenges currently faced by the publishing industry. Actively engaged in the business, speakers are expected to draw attention to on-going BISG efforts with regard to rights, supply chain concerns, and shifts to publishing workflows, areas key to helping the book industry improve operations and succeed in the current competitive environment. Other program segments address diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in the information community and the work of future-proofing workflows amidst technological innovation.
Featured speakers at the event include:
- Peter Berkery, AUPresses
- Ken Brooks, Treadwell Media Group
- Tyler Carey, Westchester Publisher Services
- Rachel Comerford, Macmillan Learning
- Allison Hill, American Booksellers Association
- Shelley Husband, Association of American Publishers (AAP)
- Kris Kliemann, Kliemann & Company
- Mary McAveney, Open Road Integrated Media
- Kathleen Reid, Elsevier
- Patricia Stockland, Kind World Publishing
- Josh Tallent, Firebrand Technologies
Registration is open to all, offering options for both on-site as well as virtual participation. Full event details are available at the BISG web site.