Information Industry News
Free Forum: Improving Scholarly Publishing Metadata
Thursday, 29 September 2022, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
As NISO members know well, metadata that is omitted or incorrectly entered during a scholarly publishing workflow can have serious consequences for the findability, accessibility, interoperability, and reusability of that item. Likewise, transmitting incorrect metadata to others through publication or other means can impact the larger ecosystem including transformative agreements and reporting.
CHORUS has an exciting lineup of speakers who will present weak spots and introduce promising solutions for improving the accuracy of scholarly publishing metadata.
- Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe, Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Alexander ‘Sasha’ Schwarzman, Content Technology Architect, Optica Publishing
- Andrea Medina-Smith, Metadata Librarian, National Institute of Standards and
- Technology (NIST)
- Marjorie Hlava, Founder, Chairman, President, Access Innovations
- Chris Shillum, Executive Director, ORCID
- Yvonne Campfens, Executive Director, OA Switchboard