Public Comment Period Open Now! January 24-March 9, 2020
The Public Comment period for the updated ODI Recommended Practice is now under way. You may access the draft document, submit a comment, and view comments received through March 9, 2020. The Standing Committee values your input and will consider and respond to all comments before final publication of the Recommended Practice.
WHAT IT IS...
- A technical recommendation for data exchange including data formats, method of delivery, usage reporting, frequency of updates and rights of use
- A way for libraries to assess content providers’ participation in discovery services
- A model by which content providers work with discovery service vendors via fair and unbiased indexing and linking
WHY YOU SHOULD USE IT…
- Simplifies the process of data exchange between participating discovery vendors and content providers
- Ensures participating discovery vendors are following fair and unbiased indexing and linking practices
- Mitigates technical and legal issues that might hinder broader participation by content providers or potential discovery service creators
- Allows libraries to understand how their licensed content is included in discovery systems
Check out our new brochure to quickly learn more about ODI!
Now available, guides for libraries to ensure discovery services discovery services meet institutional needs! Please see Information for Libraries to Increase ODI Conformance among Vendors and Configuring Content Providers!
Also available: Implementation Guide for Content Providers